Gutekunst, Packers aiming to get Jordan Love extension done by camp

The Packers general manager spoke with the Packers Radio Network about the latest on contract negotiations with the franchise quarterback.

The Packers want to get it done. Jordan Love and his representatives want to get it done. It will get done.

That was the message from Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst as he appeared on 97.3 The Game earlier this morning, telling Czabe and the guys "We're in those conversations right now. Both parties want the same thing. We'd like to get this done before training camp for sure."

This has been your SEO mandated Jordan Love contract negotiation update.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHEESEHEAD NATION WEEKLY NEWSLETTER HERE.

__________________________

June 04, 2024 at 12:19 pm

Take Your Time-
Joe Gibbs won 3 Super-Bowls with 3 different QBs.
The QB drama has divided many fans, players, and coaches.
In Todays football world.
It's I got mine.-
Love still can Regress. He's Human.
And truthfully it's time for the packers to pay unselfish players.
Pay for play. It works when you include everybody.
Some might call it profit sharing.
Anything else is Greed.

croatpackfan's picture

June 04, 2024 at 12:47 pm

You mean the greed that FPQB showed us?

packer132's picture

June 04, 2024 at 02:40 pm

SH thinks Aaron walks on water and got paid what he deserved. Forget about the team and just make sure you are the highest paid. I guess AR wasn't aware of Tom Brady and how he knew that it wasn't all about the QB. He took a little less so the team could pay other players and win championships.

jhtobias's picture

June 04, 2024 at 01:12 pm

Hate to burst your bubble but the packers have two options becuase he is not gonna play on his current contract

1. He will be a top 5 quarterback when it comes to guaranteed money and salary amount.

2. You trade him and that should go over very well.

I know you troll here quite often for whatever reason , but you need to upfdate your knowledge hiw buisness works in the Nfl.

Bitternotsour's picture

June 04, 2024 at 01:53 pm

More likely top 2, but your assessment is accurate

June 04, 2024 at 06:34 pm

Rodgers didn't draft Love.
He wanted to be traded.
You don't take a pay cut
or give into a GM who wants
to replace you.
It's called Locking Horns.
Remember he wasn't
" in" on a rebuild.
Gute mis-judged Rodgers.
For the glory of Gute is
what you fail to see.

11Bravo1p's picture

June 05, 2024 at 02:03 am

Seems to me like Gute judged both Rodgers and Love perfectly

NFLfan's picture

June 04, 2024 at 02:43 pm

Now the WR's are demanding astronomical contracts-Hassan Reddick, edge rusher, is holding out for Bosa's contract-smh.

NFLfan's picture

June 04, 2024 at 02:53 pm

GB can pay Love as they got their 9 WR's on the cheap. Wait till the 9ers have to pay Purdy-they've been skating.
Personally, I don't like what happens to team chemistry and competence when one dude gets paid the farm.
Look what happened after Burrow, Hurts, Watson got paid? And, the Warriors were never the same after they paid Klay Thompson 45M/yr to rehab for 2 years. He's still demanding big money--he's the reason I have no interest in that team anymore.

(Don't send lecturing texts my way as I know what the 'market rate-not value' of QBs is)-I just don't agree with it and teams often struggle after a big payday to one person--greed.

It's reminding me of the current CEO to worker damaging salary ratio. When does it end?

I think Jordan would be my hero is he said 'listen, I know I am a new QB and I expect to get better every year and I am happy to be paid commensurately'. I plan to show you more than 8 good games. In the meanwhile, why don't y'all pay my receivers more?

BA4Pack's picture

June 05, 2024 at 10:51 am

5 year 270 mil.
130 mil guaranteed.
100 mil signing bonus.
34 mil/yr cap hit.
I’m picking JLove in as many of my ffl’s this year as possible.